PDA

View Full Version : Modern Warfare 3 Montage

dawnairsoft
11-14-2011, 07:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPJ5WLbvMj4&feature=channel_video_title

Nothing too special. Record time: About 5 hours.

Also, I was too lazy to render in HD.

Edit: For all the Battlefield 3 fanboys I have both Modern Warfare 3 and Battlefield 3.

Riptide
11-14-2011, 07:49 PM
I'm going to say it over and over and over again:

This is MW2. Nothing else

Zechs
11-14-2011, 07:51 PM
*comment removed*

Custard
11-14-2011, 08:07 PM
Completely agree with the first two posts... The only thing I enjoyed for roughly 4 hours was the campaign, yet I was saddened with the death of Mctavish (yes i was a Soap fanboy).

Pretty much no difference at all with the online play except for a change of scenery and a couple of weapons. They still have not fixed the "Quick-scoping" at all or the typical run-n-gun (my favorite).

Absolute a waste of time playing when you get a SMG for close range engagements and you get sniped by a dolphin diver who doesn't even sight in through the scope -_-.

For all you boys who enjoy a true shooter, head over to BF3. By the way... nice montage though, brings back a couple memories of when I used to crush 10 yr olds dreams of being an ub3r l33t C0D Player.

Splatmaster
11-14-2011, 08:10 PM
Ah yesss... The infamous leaping quickscoper... We meet again...

Splatmaster
11-14-2011, 08:12 PM
Completely agree with the first two posts... The only thing I enjoyed for roughly 4 hours was the campaign, yet I was saddened with the death of Mctavish (yes i was a Soap fanboy).

Ban him BAN HIM! NO @@(*U%$)%*@ SPOILERS YOU ASS!

Cpt. Crazy
11-14-2011, 08:36 PM
[QUOTE=Custard;127458]yet I was saddened with the death of Mctavish (yes i was a Soap fanboy).QUOTE]

Well that sucks... but as long as Cpt price lives on... I was saddened at the end of COD 4 when it made you think Cpt Price was dead... Mactavish was always kind of a pussy in my opinion.

And i second on Splatmasters "Leaping quickscoper" comments...
get a real game... go play ARMA lol

REAcoleman
11-14-2011, 09:14 PM
I have played both of the previous MWs but I stop here. one of the things that bother me is that there are guns in those games that are supposed to be used on vehicles but there are none. the MWs are as if everyone in the battlefield is a pimped out warlord. If you like that (I did for a while) then go ahead... but if you like realism go for BF3. But hey! video games are video games they're all fun but not forever, I'll get bored of the BFs sooner or later too.

Faceman
11-14-2011, 09:21 PM
http://i737.photobucket.com/albums/xx12/jacob4023/haterbag.jpg
I like the game. Stop comparing Battlefield 3 and MW3. Battlefield is a tactical game, that is supposed to simulate real war. Modern Warfare 3 is a quick-paced arcade style shooter. Semi-realistic but mostly made for fun. I enjoy both, and will be buying both, just as soon as I get my KWA....

Cobra
11-14-2011, 09:27 PM

Twice. That is twice today ppl have opened their fat mouths to spoil something.

Splatmaster
11-14-2011, 09:31 PM
Twice. That is twice today ppl have opened their fat mouths to spoil something.

I say we kill them.

Custard
11-14-2011, 10:06 PM
I say we kill them.

Pretty sure anyone can just google/youtube the ending...

Cobra
11-14-2011, 10:27 PM
I say we kill them.

That was my first thought... and still is...

Pretty sure anyone can just google/youtube the ending...

yeah... but I want to see it when I play the game, fool! arg.

Zebco
11-14-2011, 11:47 PM
This game....is too realistic. You would be a great sniper in real life with your ability to overcome eye relief in a matter of 1/8th of a second....I can haz training sir? :laugh:

Zen
11-15-2011, 12:05 AM
After watching that montage, it's no wonder that the kids we get as beginner airsofters are mush brained and incapable of understanding the simplest of instructions ;)

First person computer games are worse than pollution (well, except for Duke Nukem) lol

Jäger
11-15-2011, 02:27 AM
I've given up on MW3. I prefer Battlefield anyway, but there are some times I want some quick action. Unfortunately, peer to peer hosting is the worst type of multi-player game. I know that DICE had issues with their servers in BF3, but they have seemed to clear those up. I just can't get into a game where one person and all of his friends have the advantage because one of them is the host and the rest in close geographical proximity. When two players come around the corner at the same time and shoot each other, both should be dead. To my dismay, the killcam always shows that I came around the corner 2 seconds before I saw it and was getting ripped into. That's even with a 5mb upload speed!

Give me regional servers, show me where they are, and let me select which one I want (the closest to where I live). I know that DICE is on the right track, but even then they only give you the option of "East", "South", "West", etc.

DeadSilent120
11-15-2011, 07:57 AM
Couldn't agree any more with zen and jager on this one.
I can't tell you how many times at fulda I heard little kids screaming
"BOOM HEADSHOT!" in the woods. Either that or them just running around and hip-firing the whole game....
:lg-scream:

Riptide
11-15-2011, 10:39 AM
There is no reason to compare Battlefield and CoD, I agree completely - because they're two completely different games.

COD had massive potential, but Activision took as simply a game they can simply create beds of money. COD2 and COD4 were my absolutely favorites (and I'll admit I logged 350+ hours on MW2, mainly due to clan requirements), but past those two, the games haven't really made any improvements in terms of FPS gaming. The way Activision has turned the franchise into a bland, release-every-year FPS sickens me, and for that reason, I do not like COD.

Custard
11-15-2011, 11:44 AM
COD had massive potential, but Activision took as simply a game they can simply create beds of money. COD2 and COD4 were my absolutely favorites (and I'll admit I logged 350+ hours on MW2, mainly due to clan requirements), but past those two, the games haven't really made any improvements in terms of FPS gaming. The way Activision has turned the franchise into a bland, release-every-year FPS sickens me, and for that reason, I do not like COD.

Nailed it.
The whole beds of money scheme is definately the truth. As in terms of FPS gaming... It seems to cater to the younger group of players who just want to play fantasy soldier and go around thinking it is a direct correlation to real life. If ANYONE can successfully do a 360 degree spin while jumping down a 20 ft stairwell with at least a .338 caliber rifle AND be able to get the 1/8th of a second eye relief like Zebby said
AND be able to shoot someone... I'll personally shake their hand.
Back to the FPS gaming though... It seems as if companies are spending more time trying to improve upon the *fun* factor of traditional FPS games instead of actually improving the outside factors that should be inhibiting these sort of actions that characters can do. I do not know if anyone of you have ever played "America's Army" on the original Xbox 360, but that was without a doubt one of the most fun FPS games I have ever played.

Ending thoughts:
Stop making games that make characters able to perform superhuman feats.
Improve upon your "real-life" attributes.
And for the love of god... STOP selling these games to 10 year olds -_-

Cobra
11-15-2011, 02:40 PM
COD MW is an action movie fps. Tell me in what action movie they do anything geared towards real life. If you want real life go join the service or play more of the simulator games. Otherwise get good and kill the 13yr old with the coordination and reflexes to pull off 1080 back-flip weak side hip sniper shots across the map through a wall all the while he is drinking a spot of tea and crumpets.

They make COD play as it does is because it works. Remember when Metallica got sober? They sucked. Don't change the formula.

dawnairsoft
11-15-2011, 05:41 PM
After watching that montage, it's no wonder that the kids we get as beginner airsofters are mush brained and incapable of understanding the simplest of instructions ;)

First person computer games are worse than pollution (well, except for Duke Nukem) lol

Hey there Zenny,

I completely understand your point. No need to mention the montage as a reason for kids playing airsoft. It's a montage. Call of Duty is a game. If you don't like it don't watch it. :)

As for the Battlefield 3, I can gladly focus my attention on it but it is much more harder making a montage-style cinema since the games last so long and the maps are way larger.

I don't love Mw3, I just play it. I'm neutral on the matter.

Regards.