PDA

View Full Version : Airsoft Guns...Known to cause cancer in the state of California

JHBell
09-28-2009, 05:58 PM
So i just took apart a CYMA AK47 and found about 6oz of lead weights in the stock. Interesting.

When california finds out I'm sure these guns will come with a warning label.

Neko
09-28-2009, 06:30 PM
Umm... not to pick nits or anything... but don't ALL airsoft guns come with a warning label anyway? :laugh:

That is funny though, how lots of companies just throw lead in there to make the guns feel a little less cheap. Rarely works, IMO. Take apart any double eagle shotgun with a full stock, or even the nicer utgs for that matter. There's a half-pound (at LEAST) weight in both the stock AND the cocking tube... if you take them out, it feels similar to the empty magazine of a spring handgun -- and most of those have weights in them, too. A little sad, actually :P

Hut
09-28-2009, 06:40 PM
But couldn't we consider California a form of cancer, in and of itself?

Wraith
09-28-2009, 06:49 PM
Ouch..

Lefty
09-28-2009, 06:54 PM
Warning Label: must be over 18 to purchase: Yea that works. Growing up in Cleveland i pealed lead paint from our rented house and chewed it like SlimJims (WTF I was a kid)and still passed the ASVAB. Knock on wood (real tree, not clapboard) I'm cancer free and pushing 50. Ouch! I recently broke down a $40 airsoft pistol to find a lot of lead weight in the barrel. Those sneaky Chinese manufacturers will stop at nothing to kill us. But seriously if you want to save some dough and by their products than beware but dont buy baby formula.

Romeo98
09-29-2009, 10:51 AM
Cellphones cause cancer, Staring at two computer screens for 8 hour straight, let alone my laptop at night will make me blind. Wife keeps complaining that I don't eat healthy as I'm having leftovers from Longhorn Steakhouse. Yeah, I'm on my way of clogging my arteries and have a massive coronary. And now Airsoft guns cause cancer?

You know what? I'm too ugly to live forever!! Now where's my hellphone so I can order me a meat lover's pizza!!! Bring me my laptop so I can order More Airsoft guns!!!!

Dammit!!

urban_epidemic
09-29-2009, 12:11 PM
Does it surprise you that CYMA put's cheap metal weights into their guns? I'm not shocked at all.

Smirnov
09-29-2009, 12:17 PM
Not to burst anyones bubble, It was likely added by the owner. Some teams and org.s in CA have weight limits, A gun has to be at least this heavy. I got into a deal on an mp-44 last year with a guy from CA. When the gunshowed up the stock was messed up withw holes drilled in it and filled with lead. When I contacted the seller to complain, he stated that he need to make the gun weigh more before he could use it in a game.