PDA

View Full Version : So I finally finished Resident Evil 5 and...

Chance
10-14-2009, 06:53 AM
I decided to watch all of the ending credits, just in case there was some Easter egg at the end.

Well, Every once in a while I actually read what was on screen. Guess what I noticed? The gear consulting was done by Aggressor Group, those massive airsoft gear guys from Asia. Gear was by Volk Tactical, an airsoft clone gear company, and all the way at the end one of the company logos that went by was Tokyo Marui!

I think Resident Evil 5 was made by airsofters!

slopeslider
10-14-2009, 10:29 AM
Well they DO have the Samurai Edge in there, which TM has the rights to. THey have those guys to make sure the weapons are rendered accurately, as game designers are too busy designing games to know if you have to chamber the first round after you reload it from empty.
In the credits of 'Your Under Arrest', a cop show, I've seen a couple japanese car magazines/organizations under the vehicle accuracy/support area.

Chance
10-14-2009, 07:08 PM
Yeah, well here in the states companies like Red Storm can just go down to Ft Brag and say "hey, care to show us some guns?" and they are good to go.

Over in Japan, access to real firearms is hard to come by.

So it makes sense to use the airsoft industry over there, I just thought it was an interesting observation. That's all.