PDA

View Full Version : Whats wrong with evike?

wolf
10-03-2010, 12:25 PM
I am getting a weird blue page when I try to get on evike... something about apache

http://ncairsoft.org/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=7

anyone know what is wrong?

BoogerRed
10-03-2010, 12:42 PM
You know out there on the left coast, if your farts stink too bad you can get a medical marijuana card. Maybe they're all rolling fatties and someone tripped on the website cord? I dunno..... Just a thought.

wolf
10-03-2010, 12:47 PM
Haha maybe... Well they need to get there ass back to work so I can get the parts for my M16 or airsoftatlanta is going to get my business...

WWIIreenactor92
10-03-2010, 12:51 PM
Haha maybe... Well they need to get there ass back to work so I can get the parts for my M16 or airsoftatlanta is going to get my business...

Airsoft Atlanta? What about Airsoft Carolina? lol

Private
10-03-2010, 01:01 PM
Airsoft Atlanta? What about Airsoft Carolina? lol

i try to buy from airsoft carolina whenever I can, but they have a total of 80 internal parts, more often than not they dont have what I need

BoogerRed
10-03-2010, 01:21 PM
It's 4:20 somewhere you know

Toke 'em if you got 'em!

crazyNCman
10-03-2010, 01:29 PM
I think what is happening is they are once again changing to a domain that is not evike.com. Perhaps this time www.matrixprometheussystemaairsoftmegastore.com

wolf
10-03-2010, 06:39 PM
Trust me I would much rather use Airsoft Carolina but like Private mentioned they don't don't have a very wide variety of upgrade parts.

82dcustomer
10-03-2010, 06:42 PM
Hello everyone, Evike.com aka airsoftpost.com has been off line since early yesterday evening. Evike.com was finishing up some changes to the website along with doing the last of the maintenance on the website also. Evike.com should be back up on line early this evening for your on line shopping convenience. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused anyone. If anyone would like, check out Evike.com on facebook where there are week day specials usually posted every week day. Have a great day.

Bushmaster
10-03-2010, 11:02 PM
Evike is back online!

frogfish
10-04-2010, 11:50 AM
There are other shops you can try too, Kapowwe.com, kastwayairsoft.com, airsoftextreme.com, airsoftgi.com. In all honesty with the amount of trouble I've had from ordering from EVIKE, and the amount of trouble other people have had, I would avoid them unless they are the only shop that has your item. Even at that I would call ahead to make sure they have the item in stock before you make an order online.

Riddle of Steel
10-04-2010, 04:31 PM
My last few orders the item shows on line and the system takes the order and your money. Then you sit, with no notification for days and days still no product. If you can get their web site to come up and check your order status you may find it on backorder. There again no e-mail notification whatsoever. You are given the option of cancellation and refund but try to get one of them on the phone. If you e-mail the cancellation you get no confirmation.

One order that did ship was a big lipo battery and charger. When it came in the battery and charger was in a simple paper envelope with no packing. The end of the envelope was torn open and frankly, it was nothing short of a miracle I got anything but an empty envelope. I called and told them their packing and shipping policy sucked and needed to be changed and I was told "Oh I will tell the shipping department you were not happy."

I'll take my business elsewhere..........

Riddle of Steel
10-04-2010, 04:40 PM
Oh yeah their website is down again.

Bushmaster
10-04-2010, 05:01 PM
It's not down now, loads just fine.

Rico
10-04-2010, 05:11 PM
Don't use their site to order as it does not show what is in stock in real-time. Order over the phone and they can tell you if they have what you need.

Riddle of Steel
10-04-2010, 06:43 PM
helps to refresh your browser every once in a while

DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Rico
10-04-2010, 07:02 PM
DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

If that was directed towards me the Evike web page inventory 'state' has nothing to do with a browser - I think they do batch inventory updates.

I've placed several orders with Evike to later find out the didn't have the items in stock. So I called them and after some questions the Evike rep basically said it's better to phone in to make sure they have the items.

Trinity Airsoft however does have a realtime inventory update - order one of these guns and the inventory immediatly goes down by one: http://www.trinityairsoft.com/p-1824-kwa-km4-sr7-devgru-electric-airsoft-gun.aspx

I'd be happy to address any other technical observations as I am a professional Website programmer for BB&T bank.

Bushmaster
10-04-2010, 07:15 PM

DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

And if that was directed at me, I'm not sure what you mean...

The site is still working fine, on a side note.

frogfish
10-04-2010, 08:21 PM
I think he was saying he had some issues.

What is the point of having an online order site if you don't update stock, and don't notify customers when items are out of stock. All that will do is garner you a bad reputation and some - BBB ratings. I remember about three years ago when the stole $150 off of me (item not in stock, I asked for a refund, and the day after they said they would refund my item was miraculously in the mail, three weeks later it was "lost in the mail" and they claimed I was at fault) they had a C BBB rating, which is very hard to get unless you just have terrible business practices.
_

longshot
10-04-2010, 09:38 PM
What isn't wrong with evike? Why would anyone want to buy from them?

Matthews
10-04-2010, 10:55 PM
Yeah.. Evike SUCKS and their site is still down!

Bushmaster
10-04-2010, 10:58 PM
That's weird that it won't work for you guys, I'm browsing the site right now...

Riddle of Steel
10-04-2010, 11:16 PM
empty your internet browsing history and temporary files

Riddle of Steel
10-04-2010, 11:18 PM
the duhhhhhhhhhhhhhh was directed toward me, not you guys