Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Halo's Avatar TF16 Commanding Officer
    Forum Administrator

Post Nominations for the NCAO Community Representative in 2011

Whelp, it's February and the Unaffiliated Team / Community Representative still hasn't been selected. While it isn't necessary to have an Unaffiliated Representative, it is always the hope and desire of the NCAO Council to have the voice of the Unaffiliated players represented in the decisions that are made through out the year. It is their hope that there are a few Unaffiliated players out there with the drive, desire, integrity and intestinal fortitude to step up and represent their peers.

While the position itself is typically a thankless one, it is a crucial part of keeping a cohesive and united organization. Unaffiliated members who may be uncertain if they have the qualifications or the seniority should still apply. (Yes, you may nominate/volunteer yourself) All that is required is for an individual to have the honest desire to help foster this organization to grow and develop, whether they just joined yesterday or 10 years ago. While senior members my have a better understanding on where the organization has come from and what it has been through, newer members have fresh and unprecedented ideas with the stamina to see it through to the end.

Once again, the Community Representatives are two individuals who are not affiliated with a recognized NCAO team and are tasked with representing the interests of the unaffiliated players and the development of the NCAO on the NCAO Council.

In 2009, Thumpmaster6 and TC were the unaffiliated representatives.
    In 2010, the community did not elect anyone to take their place.

The only requirements for nomination are that the nominator and the nominee must not be on a team that is recognized or seeking recognition by the NCAO. The individual must be nominated, seconded by an unaffiliated member and then accept nomination. Nominations will begin today and close Monday, February 16th, 2011 at 11:59 pm (2359hrs). After that the nominated individuals will put on a poll for the election.

Should anyone have any questions, feel free to contact any NCAO Council Representative or post here.

Nominated/Volunteered

Seconded

Accepted Nomination

>>>Click Image to go to Task Force 16's Website<<<

NCAO Field Representative

I would like to apply for this job. Can I do the Realmil rep and this one at the same time?

Zen's Avatar Community Elder Statesman

I dont see any inherent conflict of interest there Win. As an indy player, I'd be more than happy to see you in the position.

I wont be an indy player for much longer though...so for those who might call me to serve, I'm not going to be eligible. Someone adopted me

DumpTruck's Avatar Space Shuttle Door Gunner

Quote Originally Posted by Zen View Post
    I dont see any inherent conflict of interest there Win. As an indy player, I'd be more than happy to see you in the position.

I wont be an indy player for much longer though...so for those who might call me to serve, I'm not going to be eligible. Someone adopted me
    gasp im jealous you lucky dog, since im unafil now i'd also be willing to step up and help out
    My weapons for sale
    CA M4A1-SD W/ 870 Masterkey "Jill"
    CA SCAR-L SD W/ VFC EGLM "Lexine"
    CA MK14 EBR SD "Sarah"
    TM MSG 90 "Claire"
    UTG M3 "Ada"
    ICS GLM "Rebecca"
    SG 1911 DCE "Naomi"
    TM G3 SD W/ PSG-1 buttstock package
    SG 1911 MEU "Meryl"gear for sale
    Ace Combat Assault horizon Warwolf squadron patches $5

Quote Originally Posted by DumpTruck View Post
    (yes I sew, and yes I believe sewing can be manly)

Zen's Avatar Community Elder Statesman

Luck had nothing to do with it. I am deeply loved here on the forums and throughout the NCAO...didnt you know? (well, except Gypsy...that 2 timing loser)

Then again....maybe it was charity..lol

Cpt. Crazy's Avatar Community Member

who's adopting you zen? I would volunteer for the position, I've been on the forums since 2007 and I've been an active playing member since the summer of 2009. however, I'm trying to start a team here (alot of hard work in this area) adn I'm also thinking of doind a name change that's more air soft appropriate for me.
    Vet of: Fulda Gap 09, Fulda Gap 2010, Op 2 state solution, Op: Phoenix, Fulda Gap 2011 several weekends at CC, and many hours preparing my guns and gear for sweet victory

Well we have two on here willing to do the job. Now what? I think Zen all but gave me a 2nd.

Forum Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Win View Post
    I would like to apply for this job. Can I do the Realmil rep and this one at the same time?
    This was something that was brought up in the last iteration of this thread by Preacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Preacher
    I am a non voting member of the counsel..as a field rep.....is that a clash or would I need to resign from that position first?...
    To which I replied...

Quote Originally Posted by Halo
    That's a good question. To my knowledge, no one has held the dual roles as suggested, a voting and non-voting position. As I understand it, it would be a conflict of interest. However, it's something you can bring up with the Council.
    Additionally, its rather unusual that a member of a previously recognized team that elected to remove themselves from the NCAO Council would now run as an Unaffiliated Representative. Why not just return as a Recondo Representative?

Honestly, right now you are one of the active members in the TLC pushing forward through the stagnant water and I personally think it is great. I just wanted to point out what has been previously stated and inquire about the team representative.

Thank you for your reply Halo. I put myself up for this because I think it is a important role for the Players and something that the players not on a team need. I also was hoping to get some spark in this thread to see if others may apply for the position.

"Additionally, its rather unusual that a member of a previously recognized team that elected to remove themselves from the NCAO Council would now run as an Unaffiliated Representative. Why not just return as a Recondo Representative"?

This is a good question Halo. I can't speak for all of Recondo. I can only speak for myself. Even through the team pulled away from the NCAO, we all as players are still part of it as all players that are on the forum are. The team has talked about coming back into the NCAO and when I polled the team they said they did want to come back. The team felt that they wanted to keep giving back to the airsoft players by giving training and hosting great games. They also want to help grow the sport and the NCAO. They have been working at these goals. Better trained players make for better games. Better games make for more fun for all.
    When I put in for this position I was just wanting to help where I can. I enjoy the game of Airsoft and I think the players that are not on a team need to have a ear to listen to them and a voice to relay that message to the TLC. I have been doing this as the RealMIL Rep already and it hit me why not just combine the two roles under one hat. But if other players now want to fill this position then that would be great. Also I asked for this position before Recondo was polled to see if they wanted to rejoin the NCAO. I understand that if Recondo is welcomed back that I could not fill this position.
    With that being said It would be great if another player would step up and take this role and run with it. There are more players that are not on a team than players that are. This voice needs to be heard. So I want to encourage someone thinking about this role to step up and give it a try.

Forum Administrator

I absolutely and one hundred percent agree with you that this is a very important position and was disappointed when nobody wanted to fulfill the role in 2010. I had hoped that in 2011 it would be different and I appreciate you trying to take that next step and fill that void.

It's an obsolete point now that Recondo is seeking recognition again, so I can only hope that someone else will step up and fill this important role.
    Last edited by Halo; 04-06-2011 at 10:28 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast