Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Senior Community Member

I took one in the left shoulder during the first 2 hours of the game at Alpha. At first I thought it was an 8mm bb, but when the pain hadn't subsided after I got home (around 11:30) and I could see broken skin, I couldn't help but think that someone was using metal bbs. I didn't want to believe it, but after everything that's been said, it looks that way.
    With guns we are citizens. Without guns we are subjects.

Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by MFAD View Post
    One of my Lt.s said that he was shot in the helmet and then went to respawn and when he came back, he saw a guy with a black french-looking beret and long black hair with a goatee and mustache who was carrying a unusually small-barreled black sniper rifle and he even had a secondary weapon with him. The guy also claimed to have been on green team (with all this black stuff).
    I am 100% positive I was engaged in some fighting against Tan with this guy. We had a make shift fire-team attacking Rex from the Alpha wood-line. He did have a MP5K-PDW as a secondary. There was another guy with us. He was darker skinned with a backwards NY Yankees ball cap. He had some facial hair an M4 with an ACOG and suppressor. I don't know if they ran together or what.

Umbra's Avatar T.A.G. Co-Captain
    Forum Jr. Administrator

Not to be a dick, but everyone that says that they must have been metal BBs because they hurt more than usual or "sounded" harder than usual are wrong. Your skin and ears are not proof or even indication of the material the BB was made of or the speed at which it is traveling. Your skin is pretty soft compared to even plastic, so expect a bloody welt from any type of BB. A piece of metal roofing will even make a rain drop sound like a metal BB :/ My brother got his tooth shot out at VP, and the first reaction from everyone was "Was it a metal BB?" or "How close was he?". It was from a plastic BB at well beyond the MED, so don't be surprised when you get a bloody welt from a plastic BB from 20+ft. Please, I don't want anyone being wrongfully accused or rumors going around that the only way you can get a bad welt is from a metal BB, and the only thing that can make a loud sound is a metal BB.

Onto the real issue, was it a 6mm metal coated BB, a 6mm graphite BB, or a .177 copper BB?
    |
    um·bra, n. pl. um·bras or um·brae - A dark area, especially the blackest part of a shadow from which all light is cut off.
    "Professional soldiers are predictable; the world is full of dangerous amateurs."

Valhalla Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra View Post
    I am 100% positive I was engaged in some fighting against Tan with this guy. We had a make shift fire-team attacking Rex from the Alpha wood-line. He did have a MP5K-PDW as a secondary. There was another guy with us. He was darker skinned with a backwards NY Yankees ball cap. He had some facial hair an M4 with an ACOG and suppressor. I don't know if they ran together or what.
    Beret/goatee with mp5k was on tan side during push on alpha. The only time I ever saw him he was playing on tan (and I saw him towards endgame too). All the footage I have of the game and the photographs I have only show him holding that mp5. So if you saw him with a rifle that was the only time all game he woulda held one. And like I said he was on tan everytime i saw him.

My best recommendation for finding the kid is going through all the photos people post first. Take crossman's catalogue and hold it side by side with all the photos.

ManVox98's Avatar Valhalla Member

I definitely understand and agree with Umbra about the welts, but no disrepesct or offense intended I know what I heard. The last time I heard a noise even comparable to it was when I shoot my Gamo breech loader .177 against the Gamo metal target box I have. These couple shots made the piece of tin absolutely "Sing" like a gong. What really distinguished these impacts from the others was the amount of time the tin reverbarated. Much longer than any of the other impacts. This would denote a much higher transfer of force than you would typically expect from a non metal projectile. And yeah as someone who has spent alot of time around outbuildings with tin roofs I was quite aware of their sound amplification. I've been around long enough to have heard every weight of BB traveling at all sorts of velocities striking all manner of materials. We have a good bit of cover at Valhalla field that is metal so I know when a high powered rifle is hitting metal with heavy plastic BBs traveling at high velocity. And when I said he must have been with the "blob" I didnt mean he was associated with any of the honorable upstanding members of the greenside from this weekend.
    K BYE!!!!

Fix's Avatar Senior Community Member

To my understanding, metal bbs were found.
    Fayetteville NCs AIRSOFT Field!

Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Airsof...14416441943413
    NCAO Airsoft Reservation forum Section
    http://ncairsoft.org/forum/forumdisp...rvation-Events

Umbra's Avatar T.A.G. Co-Captain
    Forum Jr. Administrator

When you say "metal bbs were found", are you saying 6mm metal coated BB, a 6mm graphite BB, or a .177 copper BB?
    |
    um·bra, n. pl. um·bras or um·brae - A dark area, especially the blackest part of a shadow from which all light is cut off.
    "Professional soldiers are predictable; the world is full of dangerous amateurs."

Zen's Avatar Community Elder Statesman

Umbra....I've seen that question asked 3 times now and no one answers it.

I dont know of any .177 rifles that look like airsoft guns.....I would think it would stand out a bit.

TC's Avatar Senior Community Member

Walther (Umaerx) makes their hand guns and I know a shotgun in both 177 cal and 6mm. The shotgun they make is such that you cant tell them apart. I don't think they have and AEG styles in 177,,,yet
    "I am the Flail of God. If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."

You shouldn't teach people to knife fight...you should teach them to kill. that way, when you come across someone who has been trained to knife fight,
    you can send em all to hell.

CARPE NOCTEM

memento mori

kg4chm's Avatar 6mm Milita Member

I think Sportsmans Guide has some burst/full auto bb guns.....or one anyway.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast