Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BoogerRed's Avatar Administrator
    In the bushes - Butt ass nekkid with a chicken mask on!

Jack you and I both know that is the biggest misconception about the NCAO as a whole. We've gone 'round and 'round about this until we were both blue in the face and I got hungry. Also with the Trevor stories. Someone as violent as that, I'll never argue about. Would Ferg, Dio, Barry, etc etc etc REALLY enforce a ban and boot someone like say, Preacher from the field? I think the chance is 50/50. Bell? Hell the SKK guys - If any of them gave up the Ninja booties and just played the game without being dickheads I'd bet dollars to pesos that they could play at even Fulda Gap with no one being any wiser. Human nature dictates that there is very few people who would recognize them that would say a word to Ferg

The only way to TRULY enforce ANY ban is for the NCAO to run it's own games, rent the fields which would give us the right to say who can and can't play. Until that happens, Field Owners can SAY they're on board until we all feel all fuzzy inside. ACTUALLY turning down a field fee, with BB purchase, with any other purchase, is another matter entirely. I wouldn't know Trevor if he came up and offered me a Dutch Rudder. If he went to say, XK, and played like any other player, would anyone be any wiser? Even Bell. Bell at say, the Greensboro fields? Unless someone recognizes him and goes to one of the Cool Combat guys - Even then would they care? They have such a good thing going there with built in players, I would doubt it. I know I wouldn't care.

Nevertheless we can debate this until we're all sick to death. In the end, the core argument brought up by the OP has been beaten to death and then some. No sense in even discussing or debating because any overhaul is so unlikely to actually happen; LIke I said, I'd devote more time to worrying about the Myans killing us all next December than I would reforming the NCAO

Bragg Babes - FINALLY getting the shoots done!

Lefty's Avatar Valhalla XO

Nail on the head Paul.

I was at CDWC with the team and a few others this past week and heard the Trever story 1st hand by Sheperd (Spell check needed), who was a victim of the the assault. Scary stuff. I also know that CDWC supports the ban of SKK. I dont think this has as much to do with actions of the TLC as it does the actions of SKK and a lot of individuals who are not comfortable being on the field with them.
    Last edited by Lefty; 08-16-2011 at 01:05 AM.

Integrity, Teamwork, Dedication

http://www.valhallaairsoft.com

Another point I think that is over looked. The TLC is not a small group of people. Every two voices actually represents anywhere from 5-50 other people. I do not speak for myself, but actually 21 people.

It also is not exclusive, anyone can join the TLC if you stick around for 6 months, have 4 people on your team, don't do anything dangerous or stupid in those 6 months and get to know some other teams. Most of the people who burn out or leave do so when they find there is no conspiracy theory going on.

Nothing seems to happen because there are a lot of voices and they are all different, with different perceptions. You could easily substitute the names of each team with Democrat, Republican, Independent and it would make more sense.

Contact me at CO@6mmmilitia.com

tyte's Avatar Junior Community Member

Thank you everyone for your feedback. This was not a proposal, merely a concept. I didn't mean any disrespect to NCAO or the TLC, or anyone for that matter. I merely wanted to know if a unified NC Airsoft Community would fly, but I guess not. That's why I asked for feedback, cause I only know my point of view on things. Thanks again guys.
    Last edited by tyte; 08-16-2011 at 11:57 AM.
    PURE PUNISHMENT
    :>

I'm not denying that there isn't room for growth or change, but there are reasons for doing things the way we did, that may or may not be valid in today's environment. Too much control will turn off a lot of people, and finding people to devote the time to it is a tough proposition also. As others have said, sometimes less is more...
    www.1stnc.org

It is better to be a good example, than a horrible lesson.

tyte's Avatar Junior Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by vanevery View Post
    Tyte:
    Lastly: You got a lot of balls for coming straight out and being vocal about your views on this matter and on your team's banning. I respect that. However, balls without brains loses respect. Given that you and your team were recently banned- and deservedly so- makes you the guy that needs to be listening to the NCAO, not the guy with a megaphone trying to " change things". Pay your dues and show some respect.
    I have been nothing but respectful. Then you say that I have "no brains". I asked for feedback on my idea, not personal attacks. Maybe you are the one who needs to learn some respect.
    PURE PUNISHMENT
    :>

Quote Originally Posted by tyte View Post
    I have been nothing but respectful.
    Agreed. Kudos to you!
    www.1stnc.org

Default TLC and Forum

A few thoughts from a Field Owner ...

I agree with Rico on this matter ( alot ) !!!

To me, as a Field Owner, the primary purpose of this Site is two fold :

A - Communication ( between Owners and Players, and between players and players )

B - Information ( about upcoming events, after game reports, selling equipment, and other private messages )

Here are a few things :

1 - As far as Field Rules go, the NCAO rules gave us a starting point ...
    However, I can tell "all" of You that these things are changing for 2012.

The Insurance Industry will be "standardizing" FPS Limits and other rules regarding eyepro, etc for 2012. These new rules will be "Nationwide" for any and all Fields where "Airsoft" is played ... This will mainly affect Fields like CoolCombat who have insurance and are an "Airsoft Only" Field ...

Fields that are primarily "Paintball" may get by on some of the rules they already use ?

So bottom line, the rules or guidelines that the NCAO have in place right now, will probably be null and void starting in 2012 anyway, that is for any Field carrying Airsoft Insurance ...

Here is an example of what we are now being told for 2012 :

FPS Limits for AEG's :
    400 FPS = .20 BB's
    370 FPS = .25 BB's

All Sniper Rifles will be 500 FPS ...

- All Fields will have a mandatory 15-20 FT MED, no exceptions.
    This 15-20 ft measurement part is still being decided ...

* Bottom Line here :
    Insurance Companies will be dictating the rules starting in 2012 for any and all Fields who have Insurance.

2 - As far as "Banned Players" go, Booger is right too ... We do keep a List of Banned players ( SKK players ), just in case any show up ... However, we do not know them by sight, only by their names on the sign-in sheet. After they are already signed in, and once the games are going, we review the sheets. So who knows, it would be hard to catch them, especially if we cannot read their writing ?

During the sign-in process, there is just not enough time to actually talk with every player. It can get pretty chaotic ... Also, and in most cases, it really depends on the player's conduct that day and if they are going by "Our Rules" or not ?

I can say that it did "help us" to hear that players were using real steel BB's and to know their names, just in case they do show up ... However at the same time, I am into "forgiveness" and I am willing to give any player a 2nd chance ...

However, If they screw up on our Field that day too, then I can assure that Steve will be very quick to tell them not to come back ./..

3 - As far as players having to sign up for an event using the NCAO, I totally disagree ... It is very nice that we can post "Our Games" here in the Forum and on the Forum Calendar ( I wish more Fields and Players would actually use it ).

However, I do not agree with the NCAO having "control" over what Games we run or when, or how or where players sign up ... That is just "not" good business ... After all, they are "Our Games" at "Our Field" using "Our Rules" and we are going to run them regardless of what the NCAO says ... Players are welcome to come and participate in any of Our Games ...

Also FYI, as a Field Owner, it really helps when Players do sign up, as it gives us a better idea on how many Ref's we need, how much Water & Gatorade to have, how many ReSpawn tents to setup, and what to tell the Vendors for possible lunch time numbers, etc.

Also, I do not like the fact that I have submitted "Games" to be posted on the Forum Calendar and then they are either "not" approved or for whatever reasons, they do not show up ... It is a mystery to me ?

- Hope this Helps ???

www.CoolCombat.com
    Play Hard - Play Safe - Have Fun !

Hey Mark,
    The approval on the calendar should have been automatic. I'm not an expert on it, but I will again have someone more knowledgeable look into it. My apologies for that!
    Thanks,
    Paul
    www.1stnc.org

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Hey Mark,
    The approval on the calendar should have been automatic. I'm not an expert on it, but I will again have someone more knowledgeable look into it. My apologies for that!
    Thanks,
    Paul
    Thanks Paul ... ( You da bomb !!! ) - Maybe if we can get the Calendar working right, more Field Owners and Players will use it !
    www.CoolCombat.com
    Play Hard - Play Safe - Have Fun !

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast