Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    FutureSoldier's Avatar Junior Community Member

Hope I can make this one since I couldn't make Red Revolution.
    Time to rock out with your glock out.

You see a mouse trap. Well, I see free cheese and a challenge.

fingersticks's Avatar Community Member

Can I make a suggestion? I feel like having each team occupy a city is not the best idea. It seems to end up with a massive stalemate, with both teams just pushing at each other to no avail, avoiding the objective. I like having the respawns be not in the city, so a city assault can actually be successful. Possibly having each city be able to captured might be a fun implement.

Zen's Avatar Community Elder Statesman

Quote Originally Posted by fingersticks View Post
    Can I make a suggestion? I feel like having each team occupy a city is not the best idea. It seems to end up with a massive stalemate, with both teams just pushing at each other to no avail, avoiding the objective. I like having the respawns be not in the city, so a city assault can actually be successful. Possibly having each city be able to captured might be a fun implement.
    I would have to agree with the above. The hospital is a great idea, but there needs to be a fail-safe...such as a flag on the building that when taken by the enemy, the respawn moves out of the fort/city to a spot nearby. That is, unless capturing the enemy city/base is off the table.

Quote Originally Posted by fingersticks View Post
    It seems to end up with a massive stalemate, with both teams just pushing at each other to no avail, avoiding the objective.
    If your teams are avoiding the objective that's a command issue. ;-)

Each scenario is different and has repawns in different places for different reasons.

Having respawns IN each city ensures you can get into a big fight fast and all day but denies occupation.

Having respawns outside of the city requires more walking for all players and less chance of a constant "fight" as above.

Quote Originally Posted by Zen View Post
    ...such as a flag on the building that when taken by the enemy, the respawn moves out of the fort/city to a spot nearby...
    Disagree, I dislike conditional respawns, they are just too confusing for players unless you have a ref sitting there all day watching it - telling the players the rules they missed because they came to the game late.

So, where to put the respawns at the XK field?
    Last edited by Rico; 08-22-2011 at 11:52 AM.

XK AIRSOFT FACEBOOK GROUP

XK TEAM PRACTICE/GAME SCHEDULE

Rico's Airsoft Videos

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - Winston Churchill

Umbra's Avatar T.A.G. Co-Captain
    Forum Jr. Administrator

The idea behind the hospitals is to make it extremely hard to take a city. We design the scenarios to avoid motivating players to just attack the towns all day. If there are not points or objectives inside the town and they are hard to capture, then why would the commander order his troops to "take" it? On the flip side, if we move the respawns outside the towns, and if the opposing team does end up taking it, then one team is left without a safe place, is forced to try and take a city instead of complete objectives, and gets dominated the rest of the game. After experimenting with different respawns over many games, this has proven to be the best method so far. The XK field layout does not allow easy, fair, and effective repawn zone placement.
    |
    um·bra, n. pl. um·bras or um·brae - A dark area, especially the blackest part of a shadow from which all light is cut off.
    "Professional soldiers are predictable; the world is full of dangerous amateurs."

FutureSoldier's Avatar Junior Community Member

What are the things (if they are going to be) being dropped out of?
    Time to rock out with your glock out.

You see a mouse trap. Well, I see free cheese and a challenge.

Umbra's Avatar T.A.G. Co-Captain
    Forum Jr. Administrator

Well, since you guys shot down the helicopter idea and our howitzer is stuck in customs, we'll be hand placing the supply drop pods. Some of them might already be on the field, but most will be dropped throughout the day. There will be goodies in a few of the pods for players to keep.
    |
    um·bra, n. pl. um·bras or um·brae - A dark area, especially the blackest part of a shadow from which all light is cut off.
    "Professional soldiers are predictable; the world is full of dangerous amateurs."

Jokerswild2412's Avatar Junior Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Umbra View Post
    Well, since you guys shot down the helicopter idea and our howitzer is stuck in customs, we'll be hand placing the supply drop pods. Some of them might already be on the field, but most will be dropped throughout the day. There will be goodies in a few of the pods for players to keep.
    There you go toying around with the helicopter idea again... If only we could have a chopper flying around dropping off various supplies... hey, a man can dream, right?

Zen's Avatar Community Elder Statesman

I understand where your thinking comes from Brandon...and you seem to have the solution on respawns. As I said...as long as the city/fort dont NEED to be taken for a game win....the hospital idea works fine. With the right scouting and tactics...a commander can still take them....it just wont be easy peasy

Jokerswild2412's Avatar Junior Community Member

Let me ask this question, as this was confusing at Red Revolution 3. Is ACU tan or green? Most everything I read on these forums state that it is tan, but at RR3 the ACU guys started off on green. Since I left my camo at home (like an idiot) I was wearing woodland, but I only own ACU camo right now, so I was wondering if I should register for tan or green? I was considering going tan since I have a multicam head wrap...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast