Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Jäger's Avatar Junior Community Member

Default Project G36K KSK/IDZ

Well, I'm finally at a point where I'm done spending money on this thing. I FINALLY have it exactly how I want it. This gun is based on photographs of the G36K's that the KSK uses as well as what they "will be using/are already using but no pics yet". The Bundeswehr IDZ program stands for "Infantrist der Zukunft" or "Infantryman of the future" program. H&K developed a new, retractable folding stock with cheek rest for the G36 and there are rumors (what I've read online) that it's already in use with the KSK on the G36K.

Due to the limited eye relief of the integrated optic on the G36 with carry handle, the KSK opted for a new top rail that eliminated the optic and gave more room for whatever sight they wanted to use. Most pictures show them using either an Eotech 552, 551, or a Zeiss Hendsoldt reflex sight, which is currently used on the G36A2 along with the flip up sights from the MP7. This rail is higher than the G36c rail to allow for easier access to the charging handle.

Finally, H&K is developing clear, plastic magazines for the 416, much like what is used for the G36. They are also rumored to be developing a magwell adapter for the G36 to accept STANAG (M4 style) magazines - the same ones that they are developing for the 416.

So, here is the finished product:

Base: Umarex (Ares) H&K Trademarked G36K EBB

External Modifications:
    CA RAS
    G&G Vert Grip
    Real Steel H&K Aluminum Top Rail
    Knockoff MP7 Flip-Up Sights
    Knockoff Eotech 551
    IDZ retractable, folding stock with cheek rest (made by WE for the G39, but fits the Ares almost perfect)
    Battleaxe M4 Magwell adapter (works PERFECT with Lonex Mags)

Internal Modifications:
    Mad Bull 6.03, 363mm TBB
    Systema Bucking
    Matrix Aluminum Hop-Up Chamber
    Wired to Dean's
    Nub: Stock
    Gearbox: Stock

Last edited by Jäger; 11-17-2011 at 09:26 PM.

Sonderzeichen

Ares HK G36Ka2 | TM HK MP7a1 | G&G UMG | KWA HK USP

Riptide's Avatar TF16 Member

Needs an LLM01, but past that I like it (maybe not 100% on the stock though).

Interested in R-Hop's and other custom work? Visit HS5 Armory! https://sites.google.com/site/hsarmory/

Need an extremely reliable MOSFET for your AEG? Check out BTC Airsoft! http://www.btcairsoft.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
    Needs an LLM01, but past that I like it (maybe not 100% on the stock though).
    Believe me, I would love one. Unfortunately, even the knock off's are $300

Sonderzeichen

Quote Originally Posted by Jäger View Post
    Believe me, I would love one. Unfortunately, even the knock off's are $300
    The VFC one is only like $90+Shipping

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/...VLT-VLM01-BK01

*Yes it is out of stock right now but this is the third time it has been out in like a month, I do not think it will take long for them to get more in*

Even if not Element is comin out with theirs soon, and I think it is supposed to be even cheaper.

Custard

I honestly have never liked the G36 platform, but this... has certainly started to change my mind a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit-12 View Post
    The VFC one is only like $90+Shipping

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/...VLT-VLM01-BK01

*Yes it is out of stock right now but this is the third time it has been out in like a month, I do not think it will take long for them to get more in*

Even if not Element is comin out with theirs soon, and I think it is supposed to be even cheaper.
    I don't know how I never saw the VFC one. I fail at the internet searching. I have been following the Element one, but they've been "coming soon" for quite awhile.

Sonderzeichen

Now that is sharp.
    Quote Originally Posted by vanevery View Post
    If you want to make airsoft a lot more interesting and fun and add a brand new dynamic to what you were used to before, get into the tech side of airsoft guns. Like a mechanic that builds the race car he races, it is just a different world entirely.
    Proud Christian
    HRR Chief PR Officer

Want more info on HRR? click here

Splatmaster's Avatar 6mm Milita Member
    (n) a position or site occupied or available for occupancy or marked by some distinguishing feature

Me gusta. Now paint it.

Last edited by Splatmaster; 11-01-2011 at 09:26 PM.

Thunderstorm

Loving the IDZ stock.

Legs's Avatar Junior Community Member

I want that HK21

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast