Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Great Game

Custard
    I have solid proof at least one of the tan did blatantly did not call his hit. Notice how he just ran back into the woods after I hosed him
    I was one of the three that flanked around you guys. As for you "hitting" me or my other two teammates, I know when we initially came out of the woods and fired our first shots we ducked back in before any of your bbs hit us. Plus, once I bluntly came out and stood out in the middle of the road you and two others shot at me and every bb was hitting 4-8 feet to my left so either it was windy or you need to check your aim. Either way, do not accuse someone on a hunch because the go pro videos show practically nothing unless or within 15-30 feet of someone. I have only been playing airsoft for about 8 months now and I have already learned to stop complaining and calling out people who do not call their shots and just shoot them again. After that fact, if you feel like you should, then go have a one on one conversation and confront them and be a man about it, not bash someone on here using lack of evidence.

- - - - - Legion for life! - - - - -

Jeremiah 29:11: For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Current Machines: KWA SR7, (3) G4 series

As for the scenario and the field, I am just going to be honest, I expected a little actually a lot more. Win you said
    There will be a little RC in this as well. A little bang for your buck.
    . Then the Facebook site said
    THIS GAME WILL CONTAIN LOUD EXPLOSIONS, BLANK FIRING, AND MULTITUDES OF EFFECTS AS WELL AS ROLE PLAYERS! PREPARE FOR A ONE OF A KIND EVENT THAT YOU WONT FIND ANYWHERE ELSE IN THE STATE! Ear plugs are recommended.
    Many of my teammates along with myself expected more out of this scenario. The fact that everything that was stated above except for the role playing was not even present at the scenario. That was a pretty big disappointment for many not just our team. We talked with about 8 other people not with our team and 6 of the 8 were pretty disappointed as well so that is 16 out of 18 people (including myself) that were pretty disappointed.

I convinced 9 people to drive 3 hrs to this event and I felt embarrassed that I had given all this hype for this scenario and 90% was not delivered. Honestly I have never been to an event where the whole ride back consisted of nothing but negative comments on the event. As for the field, we did not know what to expect and we adapted to the conditions throughout the day but after the day was over I heard two comments from one teammate and another from a stranger and one said "you couldn't pay me to come back and play here" and another said "They will never see me at this field again." Fix, on your field website you stated after someone asked about you having a village up that
    "yes this is at ARez and we will have a structure up. the village is underway as we speak."
    On the day of the game, we asked and everyone said it was not up and running and there were no structures up yet. I am just trying to bring out the honesty in me and show Fix and Win some things that my team along with others expected. No offense and with all do respect but if you are going to do something then do it please.

I know everyone on here is a tight group so this will probably get my black listed from the forums but I just want it to be made aware that the overall event could have been done way better considering over 3 months of planning. I completely understand that Win took his time and money to prepare this and could have spent his Saturday doing anything else but if you are going to promise some things then please deliver. The scenario was called "what is that sound" I kinda thought Win you would have a mic and speaker up of those noises going off and with the blank firing it would be hard to distinguish where the sound was coming from but that was my wishful thinking. As for the mission with the Hazmat Suits that was a neat effect but please consider bringing more smaller side missions to keep the rest of both teams occupied rather then shooting each other like finding alien spaceship parts, taking pictures of a site, trading parts or POWS with the enemy, spies, finding parts to build a certain weapon or communication device, etc. Plus we started the game late and then on top of that Lunch was delayed.

I understand it was only $10 to play but you have to consider the time and money wasted driving down and then we get there and all we did was role play for the first 2 hrs (after starting late too) when we are only playing a 7 hour scenario when role playing works best with 2-3 day scenarios. Once again, I am just trying to speak freely on what was expected from not just be but from others as well and I hope Win and Fix you can please take this as constructive criticism. I have a lot of respect for you Win and I hope you can understand all these points I am bringing out. As for Fix, good luck with your field, I hope you continue to build the field up and get it to where you would like it. Once again, I am trying not to "attack" but am just trying to be honest because I have been to over 25+ airsoft and paintball mission based/scenario games and this was my worst experience yet and I feel like many people got cheated out of their Saturday. Like I said, I just want to give my unbiased and honest opinion. Good luck Win with the rest of the End of the Days series. I know I am going to probably get bashed now for what all I just said but I am just being honest and speaking out over what me and 15 others thought. Thank you Win either way for taking the time and money along with Fix to put this event together.

- - - - - Legion for life! - - - - -

Jeremiah 29:11: For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Current Machines: KWA SR7, (3) G4 series

NCAO Field Representative

Lax thank you for your ARR. I had planned on putting some RC into this but the field was so wet it would have been pointless. The powder charge would have gotten wet and it would not have worked. I was going to throw the BF in the game but no one read the OP order and they didn't bring ear pro.
    So that put me in a dam if I do and dam if I don't. So I errored with safety in mind.
    It rained about every day and we even talked about postponing the game. But with time not being on our side we ran the game.
    The RC part is pretty hard to pull off. We had the gear but to find a dry spot to put it would have been so far away from the fight it would not have mattered. I can tell you I am sorry and would have loved to have done it. But it just didn't work out.
    I did have a Generator and a CD of the sound playing on the field. Tan got to the area first and the sound was turned off at that point. Granted it was a small radio but I didn't want to mess up other people's equipment with all the water on the field. To put it short I just couldn't win on this one.
    I went back to the field on Sunday and it was almost dried up. It is wild how fast the field will dry up.
    But there is no way that I would black ball you for speaking the truth. All I can do is blame it on the rain. The other part is more people need to read the post that are put up. 50% that came out didn't even read the OP. We asked players to sign up so we could even the teams and that didn't happen either.
    What we did have was a target rich field that gave players a chance to play the game. The first part was a little bit of realmil where the mission was more important than shooting. It was the what if part. I set the game up where Green or SW was closer to the target area than Tan was. Green should have gotten there first. When they didn't it changed the game.
    The good news is this game will help Fix to build the field. And pray for the next one that it does not rain before hand. Once again thank you for your post.
    Left out a part. As far as starting late. I started calling for players to get going at 9:45. It took them 1.5 hours to gear up and make it to chrono. You think the players would have their gear together the night before and all they would need to do is kit up and get moving. It really shouldn't take more than 5min to put your gear on. Not a hour and a half. We are only as fast as the slowest player.
    Last edited by Win; 03-12-2012 at 10:03 PM.

Fix's Avatar Senior Community Member

Thank you Lax for putting together some of the most well thought out criticism I have seen thus far...

I would like to apologize if you felt cheated. I did state the village was underway, I also did say we would have 1 structure up, I didn't say it would be operational. If you noticed walking in, to the right you can see where I have been stockpiling on some supplies. On the days I had planned to build our 1st structure, all I got was rain... I can't build this in the rain as much as I would like to. During the weekdays, I work and I'm also a student. I have been breaking my neck to try to get some more supplies out to the field to build, its difficult in my honda civic. And luckily I have managed to gain support from some of our field players who have been more than willing to go out of the way to give us much needed items...

As for the BOOMs that were promised... Like Win said, the rain had completely diminished all hope to get anything like that done. I was hoping it would have dried up much more... and believe me it had dried up a lot from the day before... but never the less it wasn't dried up enough to make it worth while. If you been to the last RC you know Win, and myself and any one involved like to keep our promises, and trust me, I was trying as much as possible to get what I could done.

On a lighter note don't feel to bad... We had a multitude of players from SC from over 4 hour plus drives that came to the game... they've stressed they had a good time tho, I only wish you guys could have felt that same experience.
    Last edited by Fix; 03-12-2012 at 10:28 PM.
    Fayetteville NCs AIRSOFT Field!

Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Airsof...14416441943413
    NCAO Airsoft Reservation forum Section
    http://ncairsoft.org/forum/forumdisp...rvation-Events

Also don't worry about getting black balled... or banned, or hated on in any form from us... We aren't that much of jerks.

I do on the other hand hope you guys rethink not coming out ever again. I understand it was a drive for you guys. Just keep track on the pages on facebook and our website that should be up tonight, and watch for the villages, and other structures and other improvements, once we get that up and going. I'm sure we will make it worth while for your team.

Understand this is still a new field, and we are still in the early stages. And I pray that you understand that we can't control the weather. We were blessed with at least one decent day, and that was on game day, and I'm thankful for that much.

Facebook

New Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Custard View Post
    I am sure a few guys are regretting not wearing their waterproof boots to the field haha.
    Waterproofness makes no difference when the holes you fall in go to your hip lol... but I will be bringing extra socks and boots next game... just in case
    Last edited by Gauis; 03-13-2012 at 02:16 AM.

Custard

Quote Originally Posted by Gauis View Post
    Waterproofness makes no difference when the holes you fall in go to your hip lol... but I will be bringing extra socks and boots next game... just in case
    Well i fortunately did not fall/trip into any of those bad boys. But I shall go Rambo with dual wielding machetes next time to conquer the brush!

Eh just look at it this way. If it rains the day before. extra socks and boots... If its had one full day to dry, you should be good... Sand soaks up water quickly, but it still needs a full clear sunny day to dry up all the way.

Facebook

New Community Member

The Radio Controlled drone was my bad... I was suppose to be flying it and have it on station for a few hours for realism.(I am the rc geek, i have a autonomous drone I promised Win) I had some technical difficulties with the gps guidance system and the plane would not track waypoints the night before. Also my wife was going to take all the pictures but was unable to come due to work... so I decided the camera on the field would be more important to you guys so I dropped the controller and picked up the camera to take as many pics and video as I could... As for the "sound" I have a mobile DJ business and can make plenty of noise with my gear, but Win canned it due to the wet conditions... So I take the blame for those two items not being correct...

New Community Member

Guys, don't worry to much, it was awesome even without all that, and most of us understand the weather factor causing delays with the village and not allowing for certain effects. Now knowing what you had planned though, wow this would have been pretty awesome if not for the weather. I look forward to when we can have another large event with all those things. The future for this field looks good I feel sorry for those that feel they had a bad time at this event and do not want to come back because eventually this place is gonna be pretty awesome. For those complaining about the thickness, try dragging a body bag through that thickness for 2 hrs, much less is every battlefield beautifully landscaped and trimmed for the real military? Come on, if you had to really fight in this type scenario would you really say, nope not fighting to many briars and to much water... Adapt and over come, trust me I know the real mil guys have gone into real life situations at some time in their career with much worse and less intel than we had available. These events will get better as Fix gets more time with the field, and as the field gets more experience. Anyways once again great times guys...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast