Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

SpykeIzLeet

Default Holosight 3X Magnifier Fog?

So, I was at the PBC game yesterday, and after my first round, i checked my magnifier, and it has this fog on the lenses. I thought nothing of it, and wiped the lenses off with a cloth, but that did no help at all. It's very odd, I've never heard of anything like this happening, ever. This was yesterday morning, and it is still fogged. Anyone have a solution to this problem?

Hut's Avatar Senior Community Member
    The thriving Metropoli of Green-Salem / Winstonsboro

Heat may help to remove the condensation... try a hairdryer, or something of that sort...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP IRENE VII: TFR 3-2 Combat Medic
    OP IRENE VIII: DELTA 5-3/ MARSOC 6

Моё судно на воздушной подушке полно угрей

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick assand Im all out of bubblegum. -George Nada

xghostmakerx's Avatar HPEN Member

Buy a better magnifier. If condensation is getting inside your optic that is not a good thing.
    Dan/maker

My feedback thread. If you have bought something from me, post me a comment.

http://ncairsoft.org/forum/itrader.php?u=60

yeah, if condensation is getting into your scope, you're pretty much screwed. It WILL happen again sadly. If its still under warranty, you can send it back. See usually, from my understanding, the inside of a scope is filled with a gas of some sort (usually nitrogen), or a vacuum is drawn in it, and is totally hermetically sealed....nothing gets in....or out. The purpose for the gas is to decrease space for water vapor to seep in, and it is a dry gas, so there is no inherent vapor in the gas itself, so you get absolutely NO fogging on the inside and little to no fogging on the outside.
    Quote Originally Posted by vanevery View Post
    If you want to make airsoft a lot more interesting and fun and add a brand new dynamic to what you were used to before, get into the tech side of airsoft guns. Like a mechanic that builds the race car he races, it is just a different world entirely.
    Proud Christian
    HRR Chief PR Officer

Want more info on HRR? click here

SpykeIzLeet

I'll definitely try that out Hut. Thanks.

And yeah, I'm a little worried now. I got it as a gift, and it was bought from Big Boy Toys, so if I can't seem to fix the problem, or it happens again, I'll probably be taking it back and see if I can have something done.

Hut's Avatar Senior Community Member
    The thriving Metropoli of Green-Salem / Winstonsboro

Quote Originally Posted by SpykeIzLeet View Post
    I'll definitely try that out Hut. Thanks.

And yeah, I'm a little worried now. I got it as a gift, and it was bought from Big Boy Toys, so if I can't seem to fix the problem, or it happens again, I'll probably be taking it back and see if I can have something done.
    This is not a knock on products that BBT sells, but chiclone stuff in general. Don't EVER expect to get the same quality that you would from an eotech or other brand name optic. I wasn't really surprised when you mentioned it had fogged honestly. You could also try putting it in a Ziploc, or Tupperware filled w/ uncooked rice. Supposedly that works for electronics that have been dunked in water...

OP IRENE VII: TFR 3-2 Combat Medic
    OP IRENE VIII: DELTA 5-3/ MARSOC 6

Моё судно на воздушной подушке полно угрей

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick assand Im all out of bubblegum. -George Nada

SpykeIzLeet

Oh, trust me, I know this stuff is nowhere near the quality of the real deal, I'm just a bit upset that the magnifier went through one 5 minute game and it's already screwy. My holosight is working fine, at least. I would have freaked if something had happened to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hut View Post
    You could also try putting it in a Ziploc, or Tupperware filled w/ uncooked rice. Supposedly that works for electronics that have been dunked in water...

That's what we use at my work! that's our "special compound"...shhhh.
    Quote Originally Posted by vanevery View Post
    If you want to make airsoft a lot more interesting and fun and add a brand new dynamic to what you were used to before, get into the tech side of airsoft guns. Like a mechanic that builds the race car he races, it is just a different world entirely.
    Proud Christian
    HRR Chief PR Officer

Want more info on HRR? click here

SpykeIzLeet

I'm doing that as I type, and I'm planning on checking on it when I get home from school. I'll still be taking a trip to BBT tonight, so if all else fails, hopefully something can be done there.