Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Radium's Avatar Senior Community Member

Default Action Fan system

So I went ahead and bought this fan and finally got it mounted in my helmet. Its pretty neat and quiet and light weight too. I dont feel any added weight in my helmet or feel the fan and battery pack against my head since the padding is slightly thicker than those parts. I might get somemore tubing to tie across the top vens of my goggles and poke holes along it so I can get even air in both eyes. What I like about this version of their fan system is that the fan itself is a cyclone styled fan, so I am able to mount the intake against one of the vent holes in my PT-alpha helmet to draw in cooler air from outside of my helmet. Just hope a bug or dirt gets into it and blown into my eyes, lol.

If anybody is interested, you can find the NVG mount both old fan system and new cyclone fan system at http://tabcbelts.homestead.com/Actio...NEMICHAEL.html

Magpul-PTS ACR Masada, FN~5.7, Snow Wolf Barette M99, Beta Project M200 Intervention
    My bunghole goes Rakakaka.
    Click here: My Gear

Im really confused, does it blow air to the back of your head? Or is it supposed to push air through that little tubing, into your gogles?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Im really confused, does it blow air to the back of your head? Or is it supposed to push air through that little tubing, into your gogles?
    I didnt want the fan to be fully exposed by mounting it on the outside of the helmet, which is why I have the intake opening of the fan shown through one of the vents of my helmet. I only got the fan for my goggles cause they fog up when I have the helmet on cause it almost covers the top vents of my goggles. The tubing directs the air from the fan all the way to the top vents of my goggles, keeping them from fogging.

Magpul-PTS ACR Masada, FN~5.7, Snow Wolf Barette M99, Beta Project M200 Intervention

That's genius!
    Wonder if they make a model for just goggles. Seems it would be kinda hard to mount to just goggles.
    Quote Originally Posted by vanevery View Post
    If you want to make airsoft a lot more interesting and fun and add a brand new dynamic to what you were used to before, get into the tech side of airsoft guns. Like a mechanic that builds the race car he races, it is just a different world entirely.
    Proud Christian
    HRR Chief PR Officer

Want more info on HRR? click here

Quote Originally Posted by DeadSilent120 View Post
    That's genius!
    Wonder if they make a model for just goggles. Seems it would be kinda hard to mount to just goggles.
    They do, just go to www.actionfans.net and look in the product area.

Finally fielded this at wolf creek yesterday and the battery life lasts for 5 hours. Does great in keeping my goggles clear, well the one eye since I only have one tube for it right now. But its louder than expected when its close to the ear, but it didnt bother me too much. I realised when the batteries were dead when my goggle started to fog badly and I wasnt hearing the fan run anymore.