Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Default Viva La Revolucion - Syrian Spring - June 10th

Viva La Revolucion: Syrian Spring

Date: June 10th 2012

1133 Spies Rd., Star, NC, 27356

Cost: $10

Schedule: 900 hrs - Check in Opens
    1000 hrs - Game Briefing
    1030 hrs - Teams take field
    1045 to 1100 hrs - Estimated Start Time
    1300 to 1400 hrs - Estimated Lunch
    1401 hrs - Afternoon Briefing - New missions assigned
    1700 hrs - Game Over

General/Safety Rules : Please refer to the Wolf Creek Standardized Safety Rules for 2012

Teams: Green - Free Syrian Army (Revolutionaries)
    Tan - Syrian Arab Army (Government Forces loyal to Bashir Al-Assad)

Scenario:
    The United Nations is conducting an investigation into the Syrian’s use of extreme measures when dealing with those that armed themselves and rose up against the government and Bashir Al-Assad’s reign over Syria. According to sources inside the government, there is a record. This record, supposedly, not only gives conclusive evidence that such techniques were used, but also shows that the orders to take such measures came from Bashir Al-Assad and his government leaders. Unfortunately, this intelligence does not give an exact location to this file. However, rumor suggests that such a file, if it exists, would be stored electronically at a government facility, known only as وولف كريك, west of Muhradah at the just a few kilometers away from the shores of the Mediterranean Sea. If the FSA could recover this file, it would force the United Nations and the International Criminal Court to take new action against Bashir Al-Assad and his government, which could turn the tide of the war forever in their favor.

Mission(s):
    FSA - Locate and recover the computer that contains evidence that implicates Assad and his government in the use of extreme measures against the protestors. Once that is done, you must get the computer to the Red Cross. Medical drops will come by way of a common Red Cross Drop Point, that will be the only time to deliver the computer. Be advised, medical drops are limited, but scheduled well in advance and without the government knowing when they will happen. You may have to hold the computer at the drop point, or another location, until the next medical supplies are scheduled to be delivered.

SAA - First and foremost, defend the computer from being stolen by the FSA. If it does get stolen, recover it immediately. Once the computer is in the hands of the Red Cross, no action can be taken to retrieve it without extreme reprisal from the International community. You will only have the time between drops to recover the computer.

Secondary Objectives: TBD/TBA

Assets:
    FSA - While you do not know the location of the computer at this time, you do have a network of informants within the government that are working to get you an exact location. Approximately every hour, you will be given more information as to the computer’s location(For Example: After the first hour, you may be given the location in terms of ½ the official map of the field, end of the second would narrow it to ¼ of the map, etc.).
    SAA - You will start with the location of the computer marked on your map. The computer cannot be moved. However, you may utilize and resources to hide or defend the computer without moving it. In addition, you have access to artillery strikes. Artillery strikes will be bihourly(Two times every hourly) attacks on one grid on the official map that will destroy anything within that grid. Artillery Strikes cannot be called against the location of the computer and they are not cumulative(You cannot wait two hours then strike four times; It is a 30 minute window between strikes). Only the Commanding Officer may call in the strikes, which he should do so over his command/Green ref channel or in person to the ref.

Key Guidelines:

Velocity Rules
    ~Under 300 fps: No MED, semi only within 15 ft
    ~300 to 400 fps: 15 ft MED
    ~400 to 450 fps: 50 ft MED
    ~450 to 500 fps: 100 ft MED, Semi Auto ONLY
    ~500 to 550 fps: 100 ft MED, Bolt Action ONLY
    ~Over 550 fps: Prohibited
    ~~Only players over 18 years of age, or members of officially recognized teams, will be permitted to use weapons shooting over 400fps

Respawns
    ~When you are hit, announce “Hit, hit, hit!”, put your deadrag on your head, sit down, and wait your bleedout time(Five Minutes)
    ~~Gun hits and ricochets do not count as hits
    ~Hit players may call for a medic, but may not give any intelligence to other teammates
    ~If no medic gets to you in time report to your designated respawn point
    ~~The use of medics will be determined the day of the event. Such rules will be announced during the briefing.
    ~Once at respawn, you may immediately go back onto the field
    ~If you walk off the field, for whatever reason, report to the respawn area immediately

Safety Kills
    ~Safety Kills will not be permitted.
    ~If you are within your MED, do NOT shoot. Move to a safe distance, pull a secondary with a shorter MED, or risk getting shot.

Knife Kills
    ~A knife kill is defined as when one player is able to get close enough to another such that he/she may place his/her hand on the opposing player.
    ~A player that is knife killed should not say "hit" and should move to respawn immediately.

Bunker Tags
    ~No bunker tags will be allowed at this event

Rockets, Grenades, and Bunker Clearing Devices
    ~Both rockets and grenades will have a 10ft kill radius on soft targets regardless of any fragmentation ability
    ~Grenades must make an audible sound or release a projectile in order to count as a “hit”
    ~~Otherwise they are just distraction devices with no killing ability
    ~In addition, if the grenade does throw a projectile(ie Tornado grenades) any fragmentation outside of the 10ft kill radius is also considered a hit
    ~Grenade and rocket kills may not be medic’ed and players killed in this way do not have to wait their bleedout and may report directly to respawn
    ~If a grenade or rocket is used on a bunker, the device eliminates all players within the bunker
    ~~This rule super cedes and ignores the 10ft kill radius
    ~For multi-room buildings, such a device will eliminate on a room to room basis
    ~~This rule super cedes and ignores the 10ft kill radius

Smoke and Pyrotechnics
    ~Must be approved by the Game administrator/field owner prior to use
    ~Otherwise are subject to the same rules as other grenades

Communications Equipment
    ~FRS/GMRS radios are permitted for use at this event.
    ~Channel 1 is reserved solely for Emergencies, Channel 2 is reserved for admin and generals
    ~~Only use Channel 1 in case of an EMERGENCY
    ~You may only access channels reserved for your team or the emergency channel
    ~~No channel scanning
    ~~No interfering with channels

Junior Community Member

Went Wolf Creek earlier this year, froze my butt off but had a good time. I am wondering if any of you will be attending this Saturday? I'm planning on a car load of five. I'm hoping for a decently sized group this weekend...

Quote Originally Posted by twowheelinjim View Post
    Went Wolf Creek earlier this year, froze my butt off but had a good time. I am wondering if any of you will be attending this Saturday? I'm planning on a car load of five. I'm hoping for a decently sized group this weekend...
    You mean this Sunday? If so, I will welcome you as openly as possible. If you mean "Saturday", then I am not sure if anybody will be out there.

I always hope for a decently sized group .

Junior Community Member

Wow.... Thanks for the heads up. I'm glad you reminded it's on Sunday..

Wow.... Thanks for the heads up. I'm glad you reminded it's on Sunday..
    No problem. Hope to see you Sunday!

Junior Community Member

I'll be there Sunday. I was just wondering why you guys picked Sunday for game days. I personally prefer Sundays since everything is closed around here. Are there other activities scheduled for Saturdays?

General games at wolf creek follow a "2nd Sunday / 4th Saturday of the month " schedule. Unless there's a special date or need to be closed for holiday type situation.

This way the field can be available for people who prefer either Saturday or Sunday.

I would like to remind everybody to bring water tomorrow. Especially this time of year it is critical that you have some water on you and that you drink it throughout the course of the day.

Until tomorrow...I hope to see you there!

Junior Community Member

Hobbit 12, thanks for hosting a great day at Wolf Creek. The kids and I had a good time despite the lower than anticipated attendance numbers. I'm hoping to bring the gang back next month and do it again!!!

Junior Community Member

Hobbit 12, thanks for hosting a great day at Wolf Creek. The kids and I had a good time despite the lower than anticipated attendance numbers. I'm hoping to bring the gang back next month and do it again!!!
    agreed, great game for a smaller crowd, sniping was better than I expected to!