Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Thread: Dying ACU?

Voodoo Chil's Avatar Community Member

Default Dying ACU?

Hey all, I have an ACU tac vest that I would like to change the color on. any ideas as to which dyes and patters I should use? Thanks very much
    Head Hunter Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    Its simple: Use Safety Kill - On your MARKs, get hide behind the HUT for the 82 time, put the ZEBCO lighter down, and take the LONGSHOT! If you meet around the HUT, simply call BANG BANG, and everyone will have good KARMA. If people do not do this, we will put some VOODOO on them to the point they will have to call a TOOLMAN to correct the situation!
    18.5 Tomahawk Kills

Thank you to those who are currently serving, and have served in the Military.

ravenger's Avatar Senior Community Member

Pm Win he will tell you how to make Pat Pat

"The aggressive person lives, leads, and succeeds. Dont desire what you cant take by force" - Ravenger
    http://SportsOnlyAuction.com

Zebco's Avatar Senior Community Member

Alright....

1. Take a water hose and make mud.

2. Lay the ACU vest in the mud

3. Monkey stomp

4. Turn over

5. Repeat step 3

6. Run over vest with M110

7. Bury vest and leave for 24 hours

8. Forget where you buried it

9. After finally finding it, run over it again because its fun

10. Fill pouches and put it on

There ya go.....

Banned
    where men are men and sheep are nervous WV

If the vest is nylon, like most US tack vests, your options are limited, AS nylon does not take dye. Your best option is to Spray paint it. I have see a good amount od woodland molle gear Painted tan for use in Either sandbox. Probly not the answer you wanted, But i dont see much else to do.

Smiley's Avatar TF16 Member
    Forum Moderator

I was going to say spray paint as well. It might take to some fabric paint (they sell it at Auto Zone in a spray can), it should work and if not, use it on your car and play Fast and the Furious in real life.

Vet of: A lot of damn games, Fluke Challenge of 2010, 2011, OIF/OND

Fluke Challenge of 2012

Voodoo Chil's Avatar Community Member

thanks yall! spraypaint will do fine... or I can also take my rents cars for joyrides. >:-)
    Head Hunter Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    Its simple: Use Safety Kill - On your MARKs, get hide behind the HUT for the 82 time, put the ZEBCO lighter down, and take the LONGSHOT! If you meet around the HUT, simply call BANG BANG, and everyone will have good KARMA. If people do not do this, we will put some VOODOO on them to the point they will have to call a TOOLMAN to correct the situation!
    18.5 Tomahawk Kills

Thank you to those who are currently serving, and have served in the Military.